Recycle Games Consoles and Games- UK only
If you have some old games consoles gathering dust in some hidden corner of your room, or you want to upgrade your existing console and no longer have a need for the out of date one you are replacing, then consider recycling these through one of the great sites listed below. You can recycle your games, handhelds and main gaming consoles and many of the sites will pay you to do so.
Where you can Recycle and Sell your Game Consoles
1) Money4Machines is a professional site where you can recycle and sell a very good range of electronic gadgets, including the full range of gaming consoles:
It's a simple site to use, clearly categorizing the gadgets you can get cash for. You can choose to receive your payment by BACS or cheque. Your payment is sent once the site has confirmed that your gaming system works and is in the condition you described it to be. To find out how much your gaming console could be worth, use the links below:
- Value and recycle your Nintendo games consoles, including the Wii, DS, 3DS, DSi and DS Lite models.
- Value and recycle your Sony Playstation games consoles, including the Sony Playstation 3 series and the Sony PSP Go and Slim models.
- Value and recycle your Microsoft Xbox game console systems too.
2) It's worth checking if Music Magpie will give you a higher quote. They've recently started offering competitive prices for many popular games consoles. It is a very easy site to use and search to find out how much your unwanted games console might be worth if you decide to trade it in. All you have to do is start typing the name of your gaming console in the search box and a list of possible options appears; just select the one that matches what you'd like to sell and recycle. Click 'Get Value', then choose the condition of the item and add to basket to find out what it's worth.
They will pay you for a range of Nintendo, Microsft and Sony gaming consoles. You can get your trade in cash by BACS bank transfer, cheque or in Marks & Spencer e-vouchers. If you're feeling generous you can choose to donate the trade-in value to charity.
Recycle your Handheld Gaming Console for cash with O2 or GadgetPanda
(1) O2 Recycle is a very convenient and simple to use site which will pay you for recycling your unwanted handheld Nintendo or Sony gaming devices with them. They currently pay you for recycling your Nintendo DS, DS lite, 3DS, DSi, and DSi XL. You can also sell your Sony PSP, PSP 3000, PSP Go, and PSP Slim. It includes FREE postage.
Find out how much your handheld gaming console is worth when selling through O2 Recycle. You do not have to be an O2 customer to benefit from this recycling programme. Your console should be in good working condition. Payment is by cheque/bank transfer or you can choose to receive a little extra in Amazon vouchers.
(2) Gadget Panda has a nicely designed and intuitive site, which provides you with an estimate of what you will receive when you recycle your handheld gaming device with them. They will buy the Nintendo DS range and Sony PSP Slim and Go ranges. You are provided with a FREEPOST address and once the site receievs your handheld device and confirms it's condition is as described, will pay you promptly either by cheque, Paypal, or bank transfer. Find out how much your handheld gaming console is worth with Gadget Panda.
Trade in your Console Games for Cash or M&S e-vouchers
If you have working console games that you wish to sell, then Music Magpie offers competitive prices for your unwanted games. It is a really easy site to use and makes selling your games simple and quick. All you need to do is enter the game barcode into their search box and then find the game you wish to sell. You will be given a price for your game(s) and, if you are happy to trade in at that price, you can print off a FREEPOST address label (or write down the FREEPOST address) and forward your game(s) to Music Magpie. Once they have verified receipt and working order of your game(s), they will send out a cheque to your address, or Marks and Spencer e-voucher to your email. If you prefer you can donate all proceeds to one of the listed charities on the site.
Free listings to sell your gaming console and console games
Preloved is a simple and easy to use online listings site where you can sell all of your unwanted gadgets, games and game consoles for free. There are no listing fees or selling fees and your selling advertisement will stay online for up to 2 months, unless you remove it following a sale. You choose the price you sell at. The site is particularly effective at promoting your listing to buyers
local to you, although you can sell your item nationwide too. You can list all types of game consoles, such as Sony Playstations, Sony PSP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, and Microsoft Xbox, as well as any console games. Find out more about the site here.
If that seems like a little too much effort then the following sites make it easy for you to recycle your handhelds and games for cash payments.
Or Trade in your Gaming Console and Games
Trade Your Games offers you the opportunity to trade in your gaming console and games for site credit which can be used to purchase from the site itself, or you can choose to receive your credit as a payment to you by paypal, bank transfer or by cheque.
It is a simple process. You enter the game name or console name into their search box and they will inform you how much they are willing to offer you for the working game/console. Sometimes the items show as 'overbought' which basically means that they site is not currently buying those items as they have enough stock and you are advised to check back at a later date or you can use a different site to sell your console (above) or game (below).
If the option 'sell now' appears you can sell your game to Trade Your Games at the price shown. You simply have to checkout and await instructions by email how to send your items to the site. Upon receipt of your items, Trade Your Games will verify the condition and test the working order of these items before issuing credit to you.
note: All items must be in good condition as the site resells them, so you should only sell items to the site that you would be willing to rebuy. The site only accepts UK specifications for games and consoles and items should be with original boxing and, in the case of games, original cover artwork.